Learning Mandarin Through Popular Children's Songs
A fun way for children to learn Chinese is through songs. We have compiled a list of the most popular Chinese songs accesible on the Internet. You can check them out and have some fun with your kids. However most of the Chinese songs do not have English translation. We have prepared an instructional booklet of the songs, with MP4 videos on a DVD for the Chinese Summer Camp. Please feel free to email Dr. Li if you wish to purchase the instruction masterials.
The DVD contains the actual MP4 video materials that allow a student to play/practice the Songs when off-line (when no internet connection is available). Here is an example of the on-line version.A student can play all of these songs outside of the house, with a computer that has a CD/DVD drive.
Here is a List of the Chinese Children Songs in Mandarin
1. 汉语拼音儿歌, The Pinyin Phonetic Song
2. 我的朋友在哪里, 1234567, Where Is My Friend?
3. 找朋友, Look for a Friend
4. 拇指歌, Finger Song
5. 拍手歌, Let’s Count and Clap<
6. 祝你生日快乐! Happy Birthday to You
7. 两只老虎, Two Tigers
8. 小星星, Little Stars
9. 幸福拍手歌, Happy Clapping Song
10. 一只蛤蟆一张嘴, One frog has one mouth
11. 泥娃娃, Ni Wa Wa, Mud Doll
12. 小兔子乖乖, Little bunny: open the door
13. 当我们同在一起, When We are Together